- have successfully completed generally a three-year university undergraduate degree (Master candidates) or a five-year university graduate degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper third of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of English language (IELTS 6.0 or above)
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at
the time of application
- must be nationals of a one of the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, East Timor, Thailand and Vietnam
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.